Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun....and Blog

Blogging, at one time it was viewed as an online journal and it has now turned into so much more. I started blogging because I had a passion, saving money. I wanted to help others save money too, so I started a blog. I never asked for anything in return, I just wanted to share my knowledge. Recently, I have felt an inward struggle of what my blogging content should be. It has actually become overwhelming! I mean, the Blogosphere is enormous and it's hard to keep up with or even "compete" with some of these blogs. Not saying that blogging is a competition, but how does one even obtain readers when some of these blogs just seem so much better.

Mommy bloggers are everywhere, it's hard not to know one personally let alone know many on the internet. I know for me, I am one that needs a good dose of motivation once in a while. I feel very blessed to be going to at least 2 blogging conferences this year. I will be heading to Bloggy Bootcamp on May 1st and Blogher 10 in August. I'm actually a conference newbie!

Brian (fiance) asked me why the blogging conferences. Well, not only am I lacking motivation, I feel like in this journey I am lacking knowledge and even support. I mean, some of these blogs look amazing, how can I do that? I'd love to have more readers then those just inspired to follow me because I am hosting a giveaway, how do I do that? I'm not looking to have all my problems answered, I'm looking for some inspiration and maybe in turn I can share in the inspiration. I'm looking to grow friendships and learn about what makes other bloggers passionate about what they do. If you are going to any of these conferences, maybe I'll see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara - welcome to your new blog - I'm looking forward to reading your posts. I'd recommend looking at theblogfrog.com - it's a great blogging community:a way to find other bloggers in your niche and their premium community is a great source for technical info.

    Mandy
    http://sincemydivorce.com

    ReplyDelete