Thursday, January 6, 2011

Boxing up Christmas

I don't know why, boxing up all our Christmas items always makes me a little melancholy. I want to put it all up to get it out of my way but it's like boxing up happiness and not bringing it out for a whole year! I'll admit, I am a Christmas fanatic. Now I don't have any crazy grandma sweaters with Christmas Trees and Kittens on it but our house overflows with decor and Christmas music during the holiday season.

So maybe I am sappy, or maybe I just think its a major PITA to box all this stuff up. It's not only boxing it up it's having to organize everything and then pack it all away in the shed. Blah! I'll admit, it's a mixture of all of the above. It's saying goodbye to a year that has ended. It's putting away the Christmas memories of my 10 year old and 6 year old because next Christmas they will be a year older.

No comments:

Post a Comment